Helping your child with reading
At Byron we believe every child should read every day. Reading is important in developing vocabulary for fluency and comprehension.
Set up a routine, make reading fun and make sure your child reads every day!
Regardless of the age of your child, reading aloud is important, even when your child knows how to read.
Reasons to read aloud to your child
- Children understand at a higher level than they can read
- It builds vocabulary
- It Improves achievement
- It develops a love of reading
- It helps children become better writers
Tips for Families
- Make Reading a Daily Routine
- Choose a Quiet Time and Place
- Help Your Child Select Books
- Make Reading Interactive
- Expand Language and Vocabulary
- Build Reading Stamina