In Year 1:
This half term our English focuses will be :
- To ask questions before reading a book.
- To sequence events in a story.
- To think about how a character might be feeling.
- To form our letters correctly.
- To use finger spaces, capital letters and full stops.
During Maths time we will learn how to :
- Recognize numbers to 10.
- To order and sequence numbers to 10.
- To work out numbers more and less.
Our focus in science is to look at the weather and how it changes from day to day.
To look at E-safety and to compose a class email to send to another school.
In ART we will be drawing landscapes and looking at the different patterns on leaves.
In Geography we will be looking at maps from around the local area. We will also create our own map of the school and classroom.
Information and games
Mrs C Horsbrough
Key Stage 1 Leader
Mr M Atkinson
Year 1 Teacher (1M)
Mrs K Robson
Year 1 Class Teacher (1H)
Mrs U Mahfooz
Year 1 Class Teacher (1D)