- Mr Simmonds 4W Class teacher
- Mrs Bowers 4P Class teachers
- Mrs Hassan 4K Class teacher
Helping your child
We are having a big push in school on learning times tables. We are often asked at parents’ evenings what can be done to help children at home with their Maths. Supporting your child to learn their times tables is a brilliant way of helping your child and it really can make a huge difference!
Expectations of the New Curriculum
It is expected that by the end of year 4, children should be confident in recalling all multiplication and corresponding division facts tables up to 12 x 12.
e.g. I know 2 x 5 = 10 therefore I know 10 ÷ 2 = 5
Multiplication facts are easiest to learn when:
- - You practise them often. Persevere.
- - You find patterns.
- - You chant them.
- - You find ways of remembering them.
- - You relate them to what you already know
- You make it FUN!